Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Kit goes to high school

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Sophomore Language Arts classes are reading To Kill a Mockingbird right now. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

    To introduce the book, I used Welcome to Kit's World. We talked about the Depression, what it was like through the eyes of a child (great section of that in Kit's book, TKAM is narrated by a little girl), what life was like in Cincinnati (the nearest large city to us) during that time. The kids seemed really interested in the information in the book, and some of the girls even admitted to longingly studying the AG catalog when they were younger.

    Next week, we have a short week because of Spring Break. We will be finishing TKAM on Tuesday, and beginning our culminating activity/project. Kit is going to go to school as Scout. She'll be dressed in her hobo outfit.

    I think it's pretty cool to find such a clear use for AG in a high school classroom! It was a huge help to have the book to bring my students' world and the world of TKAM together.

  2. #2
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    That's amazing! AG dolls are the most historically accurate doll!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How awesome! I wish you'd been my teacher when my class had to read To Kill a Mockingbird. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heather, PLEASE be my English teacher! I read TKAMB the summer before 9th grade as required summer reading, and I loved it! But, I would love you to take the place of my English teacher. She's okay, but anyone who combines AG and learning is always better! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •